DEFACTO’s main objective is to develop a multiphysic and multiscale modelling tool to improve the understanding of cell material behaviour and cell manufacturing process and to reduce the time and economic resources for the market uptake of cell innovations. This approach will allow developing new high capacity and high voltage Li-ion cell generation 3b batteries.
The validated computational simulations will be a powerful tool to (i) tailor new optimum cell designs, (ii) optimize manufacturing steps of electrode processing and electrolyte filling, and (iii) shape new generation 3b materials.
Likewise, DEFACTO and the future developments of its technologies will contribute to strengthen an innovative, sustainable and competitive battery industry, positioning Europe as the forefront of this sector.
1. To generate an integrated software tool which achieves the maximum accuracy and robustness to describe cell behavior at reasonable computing costs.
2. Optimize the design of a cell by including all relevant design variables and analyzing different physical domains.
3. Reduce the number of experiments by a factor of 3 in the cell development phase.
4. Contribute to the standardization of measurement procedures.
5. Creation of New Market opportunities and improvement of industry competitiveness.
WP1 – Project management and coordination
WP2 – Testing, analytical tools and characterisation
WP3 – Modelling and simulation of electrode processing
WP4 – Modelling and simulation of electrolyte filling process
WP5 – Modelling and simulation of cell performance and ageing mechanisms
WP6 – Optimisation and sensitivity analysis
WP7 – Cell prototyping, validation and improvement
WP8 – Dissemination, exploitation and standardization activities
WP9 – Ethics requirements